Redeveloping the existing village.
APT is undertaking a full redevelopment of the existing Everil Orr Village in Mt Albert.
The Everil Orr Village has been a prominent landmark in Mt Albert for many decades, providing care and accommodation to the elderly.
Following years of tireless service the village in its current form was no longer the best example of a modern aged care facility and was reaching the end of its economic life.
The site is being redeveloped to be fit-for-purpose and future-proof. Through excellence in design, the redeveloped site will enhance and enrich the neighbourhood and community.
The site is under redevelopment with three stages complete. The final two stages are scheduled for completion in 2026 and 2028.
When completed the village will include:
- A new retirement village offering state-of-the-art Independent Living Units under a Licence to Occupy arrangement.
- A care facility offering assisted living.
- Common amenities to support the care facility and apartments including a café, theatre, gymnasium, games room and shared workshops.
- Extensive and comprehensive landscaping to enhance the development and enrich the village environment.
Key elements of the design process have been:
- Retention and enhancement of mature trees and existing landscaping.
- Sustainable and energy-efficient building design.
- Minimising the impact of the buildings along street frontages and boundaries.
- Creating an integrated rather than an isolated community.